Currently face-to-face courses in camps are suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic, though there may be some modified courses happening through online methods in countries, such as Bangladesh, Malaysia, Philippines and also in Africa.
Watch this space for upcoming courses and workshops.
For those people wanting to hold courses in camps using remote teaching materials, please contact us.
Our past activities
Completed courses are listed below:
From January through April 2019 P4R held five 3-week PDC courses for refugees in Bangladesh, Turkey and Greece.
1 Bangladesh 2 courses Jan-March with Rosemary Morrow, Ruth Harvey and Jed Walker
- For rural Bengali villagers and BASD staff in Bengal language.
- For refugees in Rohingya language (with ongoing funding for 9 months whereby refugees taught refugees and remained responsible for establishment of gardens, water management systems, etc.)
2 Turkey 1 course in March – Rosemary Morrow, Marguerite Kahl and Francesca Simonetti
1. For unaccompanied Syrian refugee women’s course, Ceve.
3 Greece, 2 courses, end April-May
- Lesbos – with Rosemary Morrow and Francesca Simonetti. For long term refugees on camps on Lesbos.
- The Lavrio Refugee Camp – with Rosemary Morrow, Antonio Scotti. Beneficiaries are long term refugees living in the region.
In May, 2019 P4R attended a five-day evaluation of these five PDC courses at the Mediterranean Permaschool in Nea Makri in Greece. This meeting enabled P4R to collate evidence for future funding and plan how to improve upon and scale up the project.